What if the needle in your sewing machine got broken or you want to have a new one? Do you know how to insert and remove it in the stitching’s engine? You don’t have to worry about it because it’s so easy and we’ll teach you how to do it!
In a rare case, sometimes the needle in the sewing machine can be broken. But, generally, the reason is seamstress wants to change it in a new one to make it perfect for the fabric.
For starters, you might think it’s difficult, but it isn’t. We can guarantee that!
In this article, we’ll teach you how to do it step by step, and you can see its easy as 1 2 3. There’ll be also some tips on how to choose the right needle.
How To Choose The Right Needle
Do you remember when you manually sew your fabric with your hand, you also have to choose a needle depending on its thickness and lightness? There are several sizes and types of needles to choose from, and each of them has its purpose.
Just the same in a sewing machine, you also have to choose the right needle when changing it. First, you need to know what type of fabric you are threading. Ask yourself if its thick like denim or light like lining or cotton. You can also look at our guides for making blankets or curtains as well.
Then, after identifying it, you’ll have to know the three types of a needle which are denim/jeans needle for thick, and ballpoint and twin needle are for light fabrics.
Steps to insert or remove a needle:
- These are what you need: a needle, an insertion tool, a small square paper, and a screwdriver.
- Place a paper below the needle and presser foot. You have to do this so when it accidentally drops it’ll stay in the sewing machine.
- Insert the needle in the machine to the hole of the needle insertion tool. However, if you don’t have this, you can use your hand. It’s used for holding your needle while you remove and insert it.
- Loosen the screwdriver besides your needle in the machine until you can remove it.
- Place the new needle in your needle insertion tool. You have to make sure the flat side of it should be at the back. Then, now you can insert it.
- Tighten the screwdriver until you can’t move the needle.
- Lastly, you have to check if it fits perfectly. You need extra or used fabrics and stitch them with your sewing machine.
Mechanical/Computerized Sewing: Changing A Needle
After knowing the step by step of how to insert and remove the needle, have you ever wondered if its the same in a mechanical/electronic and computerized sewing machine? Do you think there is a difference as they have different or added features?
Fortunately, the procedure is the same. The location of the screwdriver is still on the right side of the needle in the machine. So, whichever version you have, you don’t have to be concerned that you have to learn new steps on changing it.
Importance On How To Change It
If you don’t know the fundamentals, your needle in your sewing machine won’t be correctly inserted, and it might ruin your clothes.
Well, I have a good news for you. Best sewing machines for beginners made it easy for you to insert and remove needles. So you shouldn’t worry about it anymore if you’re a beginner.
Is the step by step in inserting and removing the sewing machine needle in this article helpful and clear? If not, let us know so we can assist you. If you think this content is useful for you, share this to your friends and family!