Is it easy to use?
Singer 7258 is one of the most convenient sewing machines. It’s a great choice for beginners, but also for advanced users because it has many advanced features.
It’s easy to use due to its automated features, including:
- built-in automated needle threader, which allows for easy threading the eye of the needle
- automated top drop-in bobbin with transparent cover
How many stitches does it have?
Singer 7258 has 10 inbuilt stitches, including basic, stretch, and decoratives stitches. Working at a maximum speed of 750 stitches per minute. Also, you can adjust the sewing speed due to the speed control feature which allows you to set the sewing speed you need.
Can I adjust their length and width?
In short, yes. Singer 7258 comes with preselected optimal stitch length and width. But, you can do it yourself if you want. Using the LCD display, you can manually adjust the stitch length, as well as the stitch width to up to 6mm.
What can I use it for and on which fabrics?
You can use Singer 7258 for making clothes, home decorations, cuffs, decorative sewing, accessories, some DIY projects, and more. You can also use it for quilting designs, as mentioned in Top 10 Best Sewing Machines for Quilting. Additionally, you can use for monogramming, by using the decorative stitches or sew it freehand, since there are no monograms fonts.
You can use it to sew through leather, denim, knits, fleece and other. Some users have reported that they have successfully used it to sew through several layers of tough fabric.
What other features does this sewing machine have?
- one-step buttonhole with 6 style options – allows you to sew buttonholes in just one easy step.
- snap-on presser feet which are easily removed and attached, depending on the sewing technique you use
- extra-high presser foot lifter, which allows you to accommodate thick fabrics
- tie-off button allows you immediately turn off the automatic sewing and start sewing manually.
- start/stop button for sewing without using the foot control.
- programmable needle up/down – allows you to set the stopping position of the needle.
- free arm function which allows for sewing sleeve cuffs, trouser hems, and other small projects
- led lights – there are several lights on both sides of the needle which brighten up the work area and allow you to work even in a low-light atmosphere.
- LCD screen which shows the stitch selector and the stitch-adjust options
- heavy duty metal frame, for increased stability and durability
- twin-needle function
- bobbin class (15j transparent)
- online instructional video
Are there accessories included?
Yes, plenty of them. There are several types of presser feet, including general purpose foot, buttonhole foot, zipper foot, satin stitch foot, overcast foot, darning/embroidery foot, blind hem foot, and rolled hem foot.
Other accessories, including needles, bobbins, seam ripper/lint brush, darning plate, spool pin felts, auxiliary spool pin, screwdriver, thread spool caps, and a machine cover
How can we not love Singer 7258 when it has so many incredible features. Its automatic functions, strong build, and its affordable price make it one of the best sewing machines on the market.
This Singer 7258 Stylist review will surely help you make up your mind.